Saturday, June 29, 2013

Barb's Fruit Cobbler

The pint of fresh blueberries on my counter were begging to be transformed into a cake! So I made Barb's Fruit Cobbler today. The recipe calls for 4 cups of fresh fruit, so I added chopped fresh apricots to the left side of the pan.
Here is the recipe:
FRUIT
4 cups blueberries or any fresh fruit or combo

BATTER
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon. baking powder
dash salt - I used abt 1/4 tsp. when using unsalted butter
2 to 3 Tablespoon melted butter (I used 3 Tablespoon)
1/2 cup milk
Mix dry ingred. together.  Add milk & oil and stir gently to completely mix and form batter.
I added about 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla

TOPPING
1/4 cup sugar
1 TBLSP. cornstarch
Mix very well.

LAST INGREDIENT
1 cup boiling water

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. for pyrex oblong pan, 7 x 11" (or 2 quart size)
Heat the 1 cup of water-(2 min in my microwave).
Can use non stick spray on pan bottom and sides.
Spread FRUIT on bottom of pan.
By spoonfuls, place BATTER on top of fruit, being careful not to mix.
Sprinkle TOPPING (sugar & cornstarch mixture) over batter.
LAST INGREDIENT: Pour the cup of boiling water over the entire contents, being careful not to mix.

Bake 35-40 min. or till done.
Enjoy!

Notes: Barb made us Rhubarb Cobbler July 9, 2003 and also June 24, 2013.
In the past, I've made this with 3 cups fresh blueberries and 1 cup chopped peeled apple! Delish!

Because my apricots were tart, I sprinkled some sugar on top of the apricots before adding the topping.
I also sprinkled a little cinnamon on top of ALL the fruit before adding the topping. A very easy recipe that looks and tastes wonderful!

1 comment:

Hetty said...

Looking yummy!!! Watering my mouth!!