Saturday, August 10, 2013

T-Shirt Dresses

I made these T-Shirt dresses and 18 inch doll dresses for two sweet birthday girls, 7 year old Maegan and 6 year old Maddie.
Was inspired by Patricia Dunn's Blog, My Patchwork Quilt, which had a very nice tutorial. The measurement charts at Adrianna and Susan's blog, Crafterhours were very helpful.


I made two little 18 inch doll dresses from a free pattern found at Oliver + s

Made fabric flowers with scraps and attached them  to the upper left on the T-shirt dress.

The birthday party tomorrow has a beach theme. So I quickly made up these cards which kind of match the dress colors.
Stamps:  Michael Strong's Seaweed and fish stamps and Stampendousfor the Happy Birthday
Inks: Stampin' Up! and Distress ink (black)

5 comments:

  1. Your dresses turned out really pretty, Laura. How cute to make the doll dresses from the matching material. Thanks for referencing my tutorial in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea those little dresses!! Lovely the cards to match too Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Laura. I am sure they will be delighted and looking so sweet wen they wear them. And the cards are in clor with the dresses, just too cute! I can see you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be two very happy little girls I'm sure Laura - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!