Monday, July 28, 2014

EMS group July 2014 Sketch

Here is my July Sketch card for the Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps Yahoo Group.
Stamped Mike's large Cloisonne Cat in Onyx Black Versafine instant dry pigment ink, coloring in the spaces with colored pencils, and fussy cutting the edge. Adhered to a "paper banner" that was dry embossed with Swiss Dots then edged in salty ocean distress ink. Under that is a layer of black paper.
The next layer is dry embossed in a star design. I use this embossing folder stamping technique
 with distress inks-salty ocean and festive berries instead of acrylic paint.

I found a neutral pearl ex powder and sprinkled it on top of the wet paper after removing it from embossing folder. Then I realized that pearl ex powder wouldn't stick to the water based ink. Dried the paper with a heat tool then brushed gloss gel medium on top. 
Since the star embossing folder was wet I decided to run a second sheet of paper through it, adding more ink and spritzing first. 
I brushed Perfect Paper Adhesive-matte on top of this.  The label of Perfect Paper Adhesive said it could be used as a dry pigment medium.  The "medium" makes the pearl ex powders stick. Otherwise, it just falls off the paper.  Both mediums worked well.

1 comment:

Carole M. said...

lovely effects and layers Laura; I just love the name they give 'colours' these days. Quite an art thinking up a new name I would think but they always have an appeal to the senses ...