Saturday, January 10, 2015

Distress Stain

Instead of buying new paints for making backgrounds, 
I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains from my stash!
Added Victorian velvet and bundled sage stain to my craft sheet by tapping.
Spritzed once or twice with a very fine mist of water.
Placed my cardstock (110 lb. Georgia Pacific paper from Walmart) right onto the craft sheet.
After trial and error, I found I did not like the effect when too much water is added.
Will have to try this with watercolor paper to see if the results differ.
For the bow, I used Peggy's Naomi Knot Tutorial.
I was lucky to find matching paper in my stash!

3 comments:

Carole M. said...

hi Laura; good to use what you have on hand. I also think watercolour paper will give you much different effects that you might also love. Try them sometime and see. Best thing is having fun experimenting and making your creative cards

Hetty said...

You created a beutiful background,Laura! This is a wonderful technique. We have so much stuff and sometimes we forget to use it with all the new things coming out. Great colors.

Heidi said...

I love using the distress inks! Great background -- you'll have to post what you do when you try it with the watercolour paper.