Monday, April 13, 2015

File Folder Card

I just love interactive cards that are easy to make!

Made this for my friend Lynette, who's always inviting me to a stampfest at her house!
A little info on how I made this--
Cut a piece of cardstock in half to get 4.25 x 5.5". Fold that in half.
I found that I can use my new Envelope Punch Board to cut the tabs.
However, it's easy to trim the tabs by hand.
Just use your paper trimmer and cut away part of the edge 1/2 inch wide, leaving a tab.
With a scissors and corner rounder you can finish off the tabs.

 I added a cream layer that I ran through a paper crimper.
You can see I'm still using old book paper. 
I like the way the typewriter ABC stamps look on it!
For the inside, I cut a couple of "pages".
It was fun to add office ephemera, travel stamps and word stamps
to create your own "collage".

Materials
Inks: Distress brushed corduroy, frayed burlap, pumice stone
Stampin' Up! not quite navy
Stamps: Hero Arts, Stampin' Up!,
Nostalgiques Typewriter ABC set & Words from the Heart
both by Rebecca Sower designs
Fiskars Paper Crimper
Envelope Punch Board

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: