Thursday, July 30, 2015

Watercolor Crayon Stamping

Made this quick watercolor crayon card today.
I used what I call "faux watercolor paper".
Lynette gave it to me from her stash. 
It has texture like watercolor paper and I like it!

Using a flat brush, I brushed a layer of water on the entire 4 x 5.25 inch surface. 
Grabbed my old Hero Arts set of Woodland Leaves
and the HA Real Dill stamp.
Spritzed the rubber with water 
then colored with watercolor crayons directly onto the rubber.
Spritzed again and stamped.

I guess the green grasses were too wet, but I'm ok with the results.
I didn't have a nice purple color in the crayons
so I used distress seedless preserves
stamping off to soften the intensity of color.
My wc crayons are a set of 12 made by Staedtler.
I suppose I could have tried making my own purple with red and blue?

Some blue got smeared on the edge of the paper.
That inspired me to make a blue border by 
wetting the blue crayon with water and dragged it around the sides.
I then scribbled some yellow wc crayon on the craft sheet, 
added water and brushed the yellow border as shown.
Stamped the sentiment (unknown manufacturer) with Versafine Black Onyx ink.

3 comments:

Hetty said...

Lovely fresh looking card, Laura.
I always lve the watercolor look.

Carolee said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah345 said...

Ii love the watercolor cards, all the different mediums of watercolor. This is such a pretty card Laura.