Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 16 Watercolor Fest with Grace

My sister, Grace, and I had so much fun playing with watercolors last Sunday. I had been showing her some of my watercolor painted faces lately. We christened Grace's new set of 18 Sakura Koi watercolor pans, using aqua brushes and 140 pound cold press watercolor paper.
Grace said she wanted to try and draw a stormy sky. The scene above is Grace's artwork.

I'm still trying to draw lady faces.  I added the pink background at home, using the color called "Best Friend" from Jane Davenport's Petite Palette Brights. I used Jane's Inkredible pen to add detail to the eyes and the neckline trim. It writes beautifully-rich, opaque, dark black ink.

I was inspired to draw and paint these cat faces after seeing Cindi Banach's wonderful cat faces. She made 8 of them sharing on the Jane Davenport Mixed Media Facebook Group. Again, used JD's Inkredible pen for the black accents.

Grace and I had  so much fun watercoloring! Looking forward to our next watercolor fest!

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

cincat said...

So glad you liked the cats. They were really fun to do. Yours look fabulous!

Diane Bouse said...

Love the kitties. Glad you were able to have a 'fest' with Grace. Fun.

Laura said...

Cindi, thanks so much for allowing me to share these cats, inspired by your wonderful cat drawings!

Carolee said...

I came back to look at the cat drawings again and noticed that mine comment from this morning isn't here! I will have to write it again and hope it goes through this time.
Love, love, love the cats! I am not a fan of watercolor but these cats make me want to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.