Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 22 Stamp and Watercolor FEST with Lynette

Lynette and I had a great time stamping, drawing and watercolor painting on Saturday.
Lynette brought drawing pencils and Yasutomo pearlescent watercolors-21 pans, that she found at a garage sale tucked inside a zippered case with elastic loops to keep everything in place. I made a sample background using them-bottom left in photo above.
For our faces, first we sketched with a drawing pencil, then we used Jane Davenport's watercolors Petite Palette Brights and Neutrals. After it was dry, we used Jane Davenport's Inkredible pen for accent.

By Lynette

By Lynette

By Laura

I was inspired to attempt to draw and paint this steam engine after seeing Mary Hambrick's wonderful steam engine on the Jane Davenport Mixed Media Facebook group. 
My dad is a train lover and so I had to give this a go! I have a set of train stamps that I used for most of Dad's cards that I make. For his next card, I may have to try and make one like this.

I'm glad Lynette was interested in trying to make a Corner Flip Card. My friend, Lola, at the Enjoy Michael Strong Yahoo Group shared one of these along with the video tutorial by Dawn Griffith. Lynette and I referred to Lola's blog, Raevon59's Blog that instructions and the video which is also on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts blog. We had to view the video a few times. Once we made the cuts in the correct place, it was easy and fairly quick. We did not add the 2nd layer of color cardstock that was 2-3/4 x 2-3/4".

Inside of Lynette's Corner Flip card

Inside of Laura's Corner Flip card

Stamps used:
Michael Strong, Stampin' Up, Hero arts, Stamps by Judith, PrintWorks

Inks used:
Distress abandoned coral, twisted citron, squeezed lemonade, worn lipstick
Versafine black onyx

Lynette and I always have so much when we get together! Looking forward to next time!

Thank you for taking the time to visit!

3 comments:

Diane Bouse said...

Oh Laura, the steam engine is fabulous!

Raevon said...

Both beautiful cards! Quite like the hibiscus stamp Lynette, I really must get one because I love the effects. Thank you Laura for having a go and sharing your cards.

Rosie Guiher said...

Very nice! Going to try one of these.