Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stampfest with Lynette Aug. 13, 2014

Lynette and I spent the day stamping and at my house on Wednesday.
We visited over coffee and brownies...
worked on our stamping crafts
had  lunch, 
then cheese, crackers and wine...
then supper.
The husbands went for a bike ride, then watched old movies.

Here is  Lumiere painted matte board squares to which Tim Holtz Crackle paints were added.
Once dry, Inka Gold Copper and Platinum were rubbed into the pieces. The color emphasizes the "cracks".
Now I need to figure out how I can use them on a card!

Lynette pulled out her Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll and placed it on her dry embossed piece.
I love how the media doll looks on that background. I see a CASE coming.
On this background, (working from the bottom up) the first layer was gesso, 
then Lumiere, 
then it was sanded.
Inka Gold Platinum was rubbed on after that.

A sampling of backgrounds. The blue/yellow ones are Lumiere. 
The yellow/green and yellow/orange had been made previously with distress inks, 
then perfect paper plus a neutral Pearl Ex mixture was painted over that for a subtle sheen.

I liked how Lynette created a background of circles with a stencil she found.

Here is my card, inspired by Hetty Sanders's Creative Stampin4You blog.
Sponged Distress squeezed lemonade, wild honey and peacock feathers over the circle stencil. 
Stamped the tiny bees from Hero Arts cleardesign Month May stamp set. 
A turqouise strip was dry embossed with Bees-Quickcuts Lifestyle folder.

Added Lumiere to a previous background. 
Added unusual beads and an easy bow that Tim Holtz made by wrapping the ribbon around your hand 3 times, cutting it, cinching in the center and tying it with another piece.

Added creamy burlap and a home made lace bow.

I CASEd Lynette's idea of making tabs for my altered book.

And here is the Crown Jewel of the day. 
Lynette's 7 Gypsies printer's tray!
She created and added the last few pieces Wednesday.
I like this so much that I want one now! 
She makes her ATC sized masterpieces removable so she can change out the artwork!
How cool is that!

1 comment:

Carole M. said...

so much to see here Laura; you girls certainly work well together and good that your hubbies are both buddies too. Fabulous colours and textures happening. Great Lynette's circle stencil!