...I was in a muddle, unable to get started with stamping projects...my stamping area a mess...until last night when a dear friend stopped by. After our nice visit, I had a burst of energy. Here are my cards:
This was inspired by a card on Pinterest that another stamping friend pinned.
I used Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder, sponging with Distress Shabby Shutters green ink. The butterflies were punched from printed paper from my stash, with Martha Stewart's Monarch Butterfly punch. I added a some nylon ribbon.
I also made a birthday card for my daughter. It's a twisted card. The pocket inside is nice for a gift card or money. I made a little insert for the front.
I used a piece of 4-1/4 x 11 inches card stock and some printed paper from my stash. I chose these colors because my daughter loves orange. There are many Twisted Card tutorials online. I used this one by Kelly Gettelfinger.
The heart was cut with my brand new set of Sizzix scalloped heart dies.
Stamps used: Hero Arts, Stampendous
Inks: Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie, Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black
I have been working on a baby afghan since before Thanksgiving. Was hoping that this would be a quick project. However, after switching patterns, this took longer than expected. It is for my daughter's friend, who likes yellow and gray.
These online instructions were my inspiration. However, I used all single crochet, instead of alternating double with single crochet stitches as the pattern shows. I used a size "H" crochet hook with Bernat Softee Baby acrylic yarn, as suggested in the pattern.
Lynette and I started with an Archiver's 2013 Valentine kit that included 4 Tim Holtz Valentine
blueprint stamps, Lost & Found 3 Ruby 6 x 6 paper by My Minds Eye, red twine and red stickles. (We didn't get stickles on our cards... yet.
We made the standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" cards instead of the mini cards suggested in the instructions.