Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Making some progress...

...I was in a muddle, unable to get started with stamping projects...my stamping area a mess...until last night when a dear friend stopped by. After our nice visit, I had a burst of energy. Here are my cards:
This was inspired by a card on Pinterest  that another stamping friend pinned.
I used Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder, sponging with Distress Shabby Shutters green ink. The butterflies were punched from printed paper from my stash, with Martha Stewart's Monarch Butterfly punch. I added a some nylon ribbon.

I also made a birthday card for my daughter. It's a twisted card. The pocket inside is nice for a gift card or money. I made a little insert for the front.


I used a piece of 4-1/4 x 11 inches card stock and some printed paper from my stash. I chose these colors because my daughter loves orange. There are many Twisted Card tutorials online. I used this one by Kelly Gettelfinger.
The heart was cut with my brand new set of Sizzix scalloped heart dies.
Stamps used: Hero Arts, Stampendous
Inks: Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie, Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black
Marker:  Zig Black permanent pigment ink

2 comments:

  1. Fun cards! I must get that embossing folder so I can case that butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're getting up out of that rut Laura; lovely cards; my fave' the leaves and butterfly punches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!