Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 2 -Card Captain at Michael Strong's Group

In addition to this being my Day-2 card for the Yahoo group, Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps, it's also my "take" on the February sketch challenge there.  

Mike's Mini Cloisonne hearts are stamped in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I just love the intricate designs in Mike's stamps! Used Cuttlebug embossing for the hot pink background. Used printed paper from My Mind's Eye for the square piece with the words love repeating throughout. The sentiment, LOVE, is a clear acrylic stamp from Hero Arts.  My "paper ribbons"  were embossed first, then distress inks were applied, from top to bottom: pumice stone, worn lipstick, spun sugar, weathered wood,  I added a piece of fabric tulle behind the printed paper square.

No comments: