Monday, June 10, 2013

Wedding Card & Tag

I continue to use old book pages as layers in my cards. Here's a wedding card I made for our neighbors:
Stamps:  Hero Arts ClearDesign-Treasure the Moments CL15, Stampers Anonymous Bitty Grunge CMS089
Ink: Distress pumice stone, Stampin' Up! Rose Romance
Used Gesso for the circles on the front
Cuttlebug Embossing folders: Allegro, D'Vine Swirl, Script
Fiskars scallop border punch
Zig Pigment Ink Pen: Rose
Used left over heart shapes from my stash.

And here is a tag I made for the May Challenge at the Enjoy Michael Strong Yahoo Group:
I cut cream cardstock  3-1/4 x 6-1/8 inches, trimming the top corners and adding a 1/4" hole in the top center. For my background I used direct to paper adding distress inks, Broken China, Shabby Shutters and a dab of Peeled Paint to my craft sheet. Spritzed that with a water. Before placing my tag onto the craft sheet, I drew some random lines on the tag with a hunk of beeswax-white crayon works too. This resists the ink. Smooshed the paper onto the craft sheet to apply the inks. Dried the tag with a heat tool. I made my own "reinforcement" for the tag with a 1/4" punch then a 1/2 in circle punch. I distressed a rectangle of an old book page. I stamped the cat in Rusty Hinge and the dog with Brushed Corduroy and clear embossed those. I wrote "My Best Friends" in black permanent marker on blue paper and layered that on cream that I distressed with blue ink.  Adhered ruffled eyelet to the bottom and cut a strip of blue lace for the top tie.

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Love your delicately distressed wedding hearts - a really beautiful make, and the tag is delicious too. Apologies for taking so long to pay a return visit after your lovely comment on my last Artistic Stamper piece - so much appreciated.
Alison x