Tuesday, September 9, 2014

T-Shirt Dresses, Crowns and Pillowcases

Here are the gifts I sewed for the birthday girls, Maegan-8 and Maddie-7.

I referred to Patricia Dunn's blog, My Patchwork Quilt again this year for sewing help. 
I was glad I took her advice and preshrunk the fabric and the t-shirts. 
Also, I like her method of working with quarter sections when you gather the skirt and sew it to the top.





It was very fun making the crowns. Quick and easy too.
 Used the free pattern found at We Wilson's.  
Note: don't make my mistake of forgetting to add seam allowance to pattern!
Since I cannot measure the head circumference,
I used  the Tot Toppers Head Sizing Chart giving an estimate of 21 inch head circumference.
Based on that, I decided the total circumference of my crown would be 20 inches.
Used 3/4 inch elastic for the back.

Used 1 yard of 45" fabric for my pillowcase, using an old pillowcase as my guide.
Finished measurement is approx 21 x 32 inches.

2 comments:

Carole M. said...

how innovative and fabulous gifts you stitched up Laura! Love the skirt colours and so useful for the girls.

Patricia D. said...

Thanks, Laura, for the link and credit. Your dresses turned out so cute. Love the choice of prints with the t-shirt. The girls are very lucky!