Friday, November 21, 2014

Card Captain Day 5

Happy Friday!

A special THANKS to my stamping friends from the Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps Yahoo group!
You've been so supportive with wonderful compliments this week! 
Thanks for your emails and for leaving blog comments!

Today, I have a Christmas card and a holiday gift card holder to share.
I CASED the idea of the Christmas tree made from Mike's Cloisonne Fan stamp.
But I am not sure exactly where I saw it. It may have been on Joanna Crafty Jo blog.
I am thinking of using this design for the 100 Christmas cards I sent out.
I know it's very simple, but I love the look of that little tree.
The cream cardstock base had little flecks in it.
I think it's called stardust.
Michael Strong's mini fan is used to make the tree. I drew the tree trunk with markers.
STAMPS-Michael Strong, Hero Arts,
INKS
Versamark black onyx
Distress-mustard seed
Stampin' Up!-old olive, rose red
Distress Marker-vintage photo for tree stem, white for the lines
 The other stamps are from Hero Arts.

This gift card holder is an embellished envelope made with my envelope board punch
by We R Memory Keepers-thanks for recommending it, Dena!
I used Mike's cloisonne Christmas tree, adding color with an aqua painter
then sponging the edges.
I drew some white lines on the red scalloped oval with a white distress marker.
Used the sizzix snowflake embossing folder on the white nestabilities layer.
Punched the tag and stamped with a Hero Arts stamp.
Made a bow with the wooden bow maker--thanks Hetty!
For the envelope part I used a 5-1/2 inch square of green cardstock,
punched at 2-3/8 inches.
The final dimensions of  my envelope: 2-7/8 x 4 inches.
My friend's envelope measured 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 but it was a tight fit for the gift card.
Maybe that's a good idea, so the gift card doesn't fall out?

Here is the inside view.
STAMPS-Michael Strong, Hero Arts
INKS
Versamark black onyx
Distress-shabby shutters, dried marigold, festive berries, seedless grapes
Stampin' Up!-old olive
Distress Marker-white for the lines on red layer

3 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Two lovely projects again Laura, thanks for all the inspiration you've given all week, it's been fun :)

Diane Bouse said...

I just love that little tree. What a great idea. I also like how the gift card holder is more than just an envelope but is a complete envelope.

Hetty said...

Great inspiration for Christmas, Laura. I forgot about making a tree with tha fan stamp. Fan-tasic to remind us! And the giftcard holder is another beauty. Your army is inspired. Thank you so much for this week of wonderful cards. xxHetty