Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Cards 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my friends, near and far!
Made a few Holmade Christmas cards this year...and at the last minute.
Though busy, it sure was relaxing going into a zone
while playing with papers, inks and stamps!

My friend, Lynette, found this SU set, City of David at a garage sale for me!
Thanks so much for being my personal shopper, Lynette!
In addition, she found this card on pinterest for inspiration
which directs to Peggy Murwin's card on her Stamp with Peggy blog.
The dry embossed background was made from the embossing folder
in the Tim Holtz Bird Talk 2 clear stamp set by Sizzix.

Combined a dry embossed snowflake by Sizzix, Tim Holtz with Michael Strong's Cloisonne Christmas tree, a Penny Black sentiment and some twine on these.

Used Michael Strong's Cloisonne Cameo-snowflake, a SU sentiment, printed papers, ribbon and a cuttlebug snowflake dry embossing here.

Variations on a theme...adding eyelets to the Michael Strong Cameo

A closer view

Inks used
Stampin' Up! ballet blue
Versamark black onyx
distress festive berries, crushed olive & peeled paint

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

What great cards Laura! I love the tree ones. The little snowflakes are so neat in the corner, are they embossed? I really like the blue around the sides, makes the tree really pop. Merry Christmas. Happy stamping in the new year.

Diane Bouse said...

You are so far ahead of me....the snowflakes are my favorite.