Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wild Wacky Women Birthday Cards

I made 3 birthday cards for my dear friends who have April birthdays. They came to my house on Easter Monday for a birthday breakfast brunch! It was fun to visit and relax and eat together. 

I used scraps of watercolor paper from my stash for 2 of the cards. You can see the texture in this close up.

For the 3rd card I used Ranger Inkssentials Specialty Stamping paper.
The label says matte coated cardstock. 

Here is a close up of the Inkssentials paper--it is very smooth.

I used Jane Davenport watercolors to paint the yellow, blue and green stripes. Once that was dry I used distress hickory smoke and salty ocean to stamp some background stamps from a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous set called  Bitty Grunge CMS089. 

On a separate piece of paper with Versafine Onxy Black ink, I stamped the lady, a Dawn Houser Inkadinkado stamp (number listed on stamp 8340 N). I used my new  Beautique oval brush to add distress squeezed lemonade ink to cover that layer. This brush worked well. I bought a set of 3 from Amazon.  The happy birthday stamp is from Stampin' UP! from 2001! I added some fun fur yarn as an accent.

On the inside I used an old Annette Allen Watkins stamp for the "wishing you" sentiment. On the top part of the inside, I stamped a favorite stamp, They who are wild and wacky women, a Suzy Toronto/PSX stamp.

You can always click on an image to see a larger view.
Thank you so much for visiting!
Wishing you Spring Happiness!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Such happy colorful cards. Nice job.