Saturday, February 20, 2021

Valentines 2021

I was late getting started with making this year's Valentines. I mailed them before Valentine's day, but many people received them late. Now I am late in posting them. Oh dear...maybe the ideas here can also be used for anniversary cards. 

The cards above were made with printed papers from my stash, Michael Strong's mini cloisonné heart and some red fibers. 

These card backgrounds are made using "embossing folder stamping" with distress worn lipstick and festive berries. I used a "new to me" embossing folder from Momenta's Hey Love Emboss & Stamp set that I bought on clearance from Hobby Lobby (maybe last year?). 



The Tim Holtz blueprints heart is from a set of 4 stamps that Archiver's put out many years ago.  The heart with the XOs is from an old set of 4 Hero Arts cling rubber heart stamps. I used the cover of a pad of Valentine papers on the last card. 

Another variation... using D'vine Swirl embossing folder by Cuttlebug, printed paper, Micheal Strong's mini cloisonné heart and some fibers.


I made some kid's heart pop up cards based on these two YouTubes: Crafting Colors and Experts of Creativity. I found it was best to add "half hearts" on the inside. The full hearts did not work as well when opening and closing the card.  Cat and sentiment stamps from Inkadinkado: 97621 Cats.


I had a lot of fun making these Valentines. I especially enjoyed making the pop up cards! 

I hope you are having a great day! Stay safe from Covid! I am SO HAPPY  to have received my first Covid-19 vaccine a week ago! Wishing you all good health, happiness and love!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

These are all gorgeous. We love the one you sent us and I am never opposed to extending a celebration.