Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Wildflowers #2 Thinlits Die Cards

Made some cards with an old Tim Holtz Sizzix Wildflowers #2 Thinlits die set. I rarely used these dies because they did not cut nicely. Cardstock stuck in them or the paper ripped. 

Recently, I saw an advertisement for a self healing pad to use in a die cutting machine. That gave me an idea to try using my old eyelet self healing pad, substituting this and 2 cardboard shims for one of the die cutting plates. Did not work any better than before. 

Then I remembered that Gina K said to put dies facing upward in the die cutting machine. So back to my original plates. I taped the die to my cardstock and placed it facing up. That worked like a charm! I cut two more sets of the three flowers and made these cards.  Hope this continues so I can make more cards with the Wildflowers #2 dies!

This is the inside of the card.

Stamps:
Stampin' Up flowers background stamp from 2002 Botanicals set
Stampin' Up Watercolor minis-butterfly 
Tim Holtz mixed-media Stampers Anonymous clear stamps/stencil set THMM114
Tim Holtz mixed-media Stampers Anonymous clear stamps/stencil set THMM121
Dimensions-Crafts clear Happy Birthday stamp
Vertical Happy Birthday from Verses Rubber Stamps BB0424-C

Inks: Stampin' Up barely banana
Gina K: dark chocolate, jelly bean green, wild dandelion
distress: dried marigold,

Used a brown permanent Zig pen to draw the squiggly lines border



This fun fold card was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's YouTube: NEW! Stenciled Stamping Technique.  I just used her fun fold idea. She took a half sheet of cardstock, 5-1/2 inches tall and 8-1/2 inches wide. She scored that at 1-1/4 inches and 5-1/2 inches to get the fun fold card, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches. For this card, I used yellow paper, dry embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss dots and cut a piece- 4-1/4 inches wide by 5-1/2 inches which was adhered to the right side of the front. .

The happy happy happy  birthday sentiment is from Stampabilities.

This card was inspired by a gorgeous card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers created by Sabrina in September 2019. She goes by Cook22 on Splitcoast Stampers. After embossing with Sizzix Bricked embossing folder, I blended Gina K's wild dandelion, jelly bean green and sweet mango.

Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampabilities stamped in Gina K dark chocolate. Also used the same background flowers stamp from Stampin' Up's 2002 Botanicals set.

This is the inside, pretty much like the other cards.

I added some large flowers to the left side of this fun fold card, inspired by the same Jennifer McGuire's  YouTube NEW! Stenciled Stamping Technique from May 2, 2023. However, I did not do her beautiful stenciling technique. I used Gina K's stamps and dies from Tropical Blooms that a dear friend gave me. Thanks again, Mona!  This was very fun to do. I need a little more practice with the placement of the leaves.  It was difficult to take pictures of it closed. That's why I have the acrylic block against it.

Here you can see how it opens a little. I used a Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder on white and also green paper that I added to the sides. I have not decided if this will be a birthday card or ??? Will add a sentiment on the front and inside later.

Inks: 
Gina K sweet mango, jelly bean green and wild asparagus
distress rusty hinge, vintage photo

Thanks for visiting.
Peace and all good.

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Always such pretty cards. I love it that you figured out how to solve your problem and use something that was frustrating you! Way to go. As always thanks for sharing.