Friday, August 16, 2013

Altered Books Stampfest

Lynette and I worked on our altered books at our most recent Stampfest on August 12th. Lynette started with photos of her granddaughter, Anella. Initially she worked on a tag with the Lonely Girl Stamp by Dina Wakley. Before she was done, however, she switched to a Julie Nutting doll design stamp and made a new tag.

I fell in love with the Lonely Girl tag. Graciously, Lynette not only let me copy her tag, but she shared all her supplies with me...the tulle for the dress, the mica sheet to place over the stamped image, the green fabric trim as well as the black cord for the "balloon", the fibers, ribbon and the pink crepe paper for the fringe. It was super easy for me because all the planning was already done by Lynette! Thanks, my friend!!

Lynette's made cutouts of her granddaughter, Anella on her journal layout.
Some of the stamps Lynette used are from Hero Arts and other stamps.

Above you can see the artist, Lynette, at work!

Here is my art journal layout. Some of the stamps I used:
Stampers Anonymous: Winged Things, Spring Sprung, Blueprint Light Bulb
Paper Artsy:  Kids-Plate 2 (Boy with fish)
 and other stamps.

A close up of Lynette's original Lonely Girl tag.

And here we are at the end of our fun stampfest!
Click on any images for a more detailed view.

1 comment:

Hetty said...

HGello Laura, looks like you two had some good stamping time together.
Both your pages look very inspiring.