Friday, May 23, 2014

Aunt Laura's 60th Jubilee

My dear Aunt Laura celebrated her 60th Jubilee of being a sister (nun). She belongs to the order of sisters called
The Sisters of St. Francis of Mary Immaculate (Joliet Franciscans).
The card I made for her is a 4-1/8 x 5-1/2 inch booklet. I cut purple cardstock in half (lengthwise) for the cover. I added 2 sheets of white cardstock for the inside to make more pages. I trimmed them down slightly so they would not show "through" the cover. I bound the booklet with fun fur yarn by punching 3 holes on the center fold with my 1/8 inch punch. Stitching directions and diagram are below.
Cover

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

last page.


Here are stitching directions for binding the booklet. You can use twine, floss, ribbon, yarn--use your imagination! Hetty Sanders' tutorial for her card sized booklet is my inspiration! The paper size is different in the Jubilee card above, but the stitching is the same.

You can see my Aunt Laura and me at her OLA Jubilee celebration on May 15, 2014.

No comments: