Saturday, November 12, 2016

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Harvest Cards

Hello friends! It has been a long time since I have posted! A lot has been going on with family, mostly with my dear father, who has had lots of health issues. He is doing pretty well right now considering his age-88 years.
My husband and I did manage to take a two week vacation out west, which was refreshing and wonderful!!!

I had not planned to make Thanksgiving cards today, but was inspired by my friend Hetty! Thanks so much! It was fun and relaxing to play with my paper and inks!

I decided to use bright colors...ripe persimmon, twisted citron and spiced marmalade, sponging them on the cool Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thankful texture fades (I always just call them embossing folders!). And I just had to use my Michael Strong's Pumpkin Harvest stamp set. Love how one of the pumpkins is a "Jackie Lantern" for Halloween, and the other two pumpkins can be used on fall cards. Here you see the small plain pumpkin. The Happy Thanksgiving sentiment is from Hero Arts. Used Versafine Black Onyx for the black stamping. Added green fun fur fibers from my stash.

After stamping Mike's pumpkin vine in distress twisted citron I colored in select areas with markers. I I don't have a vertical "happy thanksgiving" stamp, so I wrote it myself. Used dimensional foam to attach the pumpkins on the cards.

 
I used a marker to ink the "happy" and "thanksgiving" separately on this card because I didn't have enough space to stamp the whole sentiment.
 These 2 cards are unusual in the way the yellow layer of paper is adhered to the back of the front. It's easier to see what I'm describing if you look at the photo below.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card.
I attached the yellow layer with TomBow Mono multi-liquid glue adhesive. It does not seem to warp the paper as much as my other favorite glue, Scotch Quick Dry Tacky glue.
I wish I knew the name of this kind of layering in cardmaking. It's kind of nice because the inside right panel is white, all ready for stamping the sentiment and writing notes.
Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Pretty. I am sure enjoying the Fall colors this year. Finally a nip in the air yesterday afternoon.