Friday, July 20, 2018

Sleep Sack, T-Shirts and PJs

 I made this knit cotton interlock sleep sack for Alex using a free pattern from Sarah Westhover McKenna’s blog. I have made several sleep sacks since 2015. I keep enlarging the pattern as the grandkids grow! I added sleeves to the sleeveless pattern. 

I also refer to  Debbie Chapman’s sleep sack blog post because I like her method of adding a fabric strip behind the zipper.

 This dinosaur cotton interlock fabric was on sale at JoAnn's recently.
It's very nice, but it shrunk A LOT when I pre-washed it.
I bought 4 yards, but when it came out of the dryer I only had 3 yards and about 24 inches.
Here is a little T-shirt for Alex. I used an old Stretch N Sew pattern, #850 for this. I'm disappointed that I cannot find 100% cotton ribbing for the trim. I think this ribbing is a blend, maybe with some spandex in it. I think I applied it with the wrong side out. I hope it doesn't fuzz up!

I made this dino T-shirt for Gavin using Melly Sews free Basic T-shirt pattern, 2T-4T. 

About a week ago I was reading Gavin's big dinosaur book at bedtime. That was when he requested I made his sister, Vivian some Paw Print pajamas...
...So here they are!  I just hope they fit her!
I used Stretch N Sew #850 size 2 for the top. Trimmed extra from the neckline so it would go over her head. That pattern was designed for knits and this is woven fabric.
For the pants, I used the free pattern kids pants basic by Made Everyday with Dana
which comes in size 2-3 toddler
Since Vivian is 18 months, I altered to pattern and I hope it fits her!

Thanks to these generous sewists and bloggers who share their patterns with us!

...and THANK YOU you for visiting me. Wishing you happy moments!

2 comments:

Diane Bouse said...

These are too darn cute. Love the fabrics and I know the kiddos will too.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.