Friday, November 30, 2018

Sewing Aprons for the Little Ones

After seeing a wonderful kids apron pattern by Beth Galvin at Craftsy I decided to make aprons for our three grandchidren and a friend's two children.  I have lots of fabric in my stash, and these aprons only take 1/2 yard, so I grabbed some fabric and went to work on these little surprise Christmas gifts. 

Here is the front of Vivian's apron. I like how Beth keeps it simple with a waist strap that secures with Velcro (hook and loop closure). Making the apron reversible is an easy way to finish the edges!

Here is the reverse side of Vivian's apron. The pattern size that Beth shared is for a 3 to 6 year old. Since Vivian is not quite 2, I reduced the dimensions of Beth's pattern. Used this size for Alex and Lucy who are both under 2 years old.
I made myself a pattern for the smaller size, which is
about 2 inches shorter
and about 1.5 inches narrower.
Used 14.5 inches of 3/4" elastic instead of 15 inches for the neck strap.

Here is the front of Alex's apron. He's 18 months old.

Here is the reverse of Alex's apron.

Here is Lucy's apron. She's almost 18 months old.

Here is Gavin's apron, made according to Beth's pattern here.

Here is Henry's  apron also made according to Beth's pattern.

I am going to see our grandchildren next week. I think these will be early Christmas gifts for them. I can't wait!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you are enjoying this season of love and giving.

2 comments:

Diane Bouse said...

Sew cute. Love the fabric choices.

Hetty said...

Super fun aprons! I see a lot of cookie making coming soon! In your new kitchen?? Hope it is a fun time.