Monday, April 15, 2019

Mason Jar Bouquet

These cards were inspired by Lindsay Weirich, 
the Frugal Crafter, and her Happy Heart Bouquet Card Tutorial.

I used 2 strips of printed papers from my stash for the background.
Die cut the oval from scraps of watercolor paper.
After stamping the vase, leaves and flowers
I used a water brush to pull color from the stamped vase
to add more blue color as shown.

The background for this card was made with embossing folder stamping technique-with pearlized acrylic paint from my stash. I like these two tutorials:
Heidi Wegman's Embossing Folder Stamping
and
Audrie Magno-Gordon's Embossing Folder Stamping

In my rush to get this card finished for a belated birthday,
 I forgot to add blue color underneath the mason jar.

Materials Used: Inksdistress broken china, worn lipstick, victorian velvet, wild honey, hickory smoke, abandoned coral, 
Stampin' Up! certainly celery, wild wasabi

Stamps- Stampin' Up!, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous, Judith and Heather, Hero Arts


Park Lane Rose Repeat embossing folder

Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval die
Water brush
Eyelash yarn from my stash

Thanks for visiting. Hoping you spend time with your favorite person today!

2 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

Laura they are both beautifully done. The jar looks great. Love the backgrounds on both. Thanks for including the video. I like watching her, she makes it look easy.

Diane Bouse said...

These are both beautiful, soft and Springy.