Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Tuesday Card of the Day

Today's card features the vine stamp from Michael Strong's Pumpkin Harvest stamp set.

Today's background was made with Tim Holtz distress crayons, water and a paintbrush. I scribbled onto an acrylic block, dipped my paintbrush in water then wet the scribbles and applied the color to my watercolor paper. Colors used: fossilized amber, festive berries, peeled paint and rusty hinge. 

When the background was dry, I applied distress crayon directly onto the vine stamp, first spritzing the stamp with water so the crayon would dissolve and stick to the stamp. I worked quickly before the crayons dried on the stamp. I added a spritz of water to a few dry spots on the stamp before stamping. Tim Holtz mentions in this YouTube at the 3:00 minute mark "you can stamp over the top of them but not with them".  It was fun to experiment with the distress crayons. If you don't like the "runny" look, regular watercolor crayons or pencils might be a better choice.

When the layer was dry, I dry embossed it with Park Lane's Flower Repeat embossing folder.

The dreams sentiment, stamped in Stampin' Up's rose romance, is from a Tim Holtz Visual Artistry set called Flights of Fancy.

Thanks for visiting! Hope your you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Pegster said...

So pretty Laura and a great way to use that vine stamp! Thanks for sharing.

Diane Bouse said...

I love the sentiment on this card and the collage look of it.