Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Wreath Cards

I am still making these wreath cards and having fun with them. Trying out variations with different stamps. Was happy to find great wreath stamps in the Stampin' Up's Lots of Lavender set!

Thanks to Lynette who loaned me 8 stamps sets for the winter!

Made my own template by drawing two 3-1/2 inch squares on paper. Placed that paper in my Misti.
Cut a 3-1/2 inch square of cardstock for stamping. Used that in the Misti, turning it 4 times. More details about the Misti placement at the end of this post.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Lots of Lavender, All-Seasons Wreath; Hero Arts.
Ink: distress evergreen bough, worn lipstick, festive berries, oxide worn lipstick.
Colored pencil to color in the bow which was fussy cut and attached with foam tape

Same stamps and inks as above, except for Stampabilities sentiment. Also, added the tiny hearts from SU's Yay You set.
Used Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! What I love, Yay You.
Was happy to find that "cherish" stamp in SU's Baroque Motifs set.


This wreath was made free hand with Stampin' Up!'s wood stamp set, All-Seasons Wreath.
I still love the look of this wreath and love how easy it is to create.
Sentiment is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings CL342.
Inks: distress frayed burlap, oxide worn lipstick
Colored pencil to fill in flowers and bow.

Here's a new baby card. Used a clear heart stamp in the Misti with oxide worn lipstick ink. I added the green sprigs  by hand using SU's All-Seasons Wreath wood set and distress evergreen bough ink. Used Cuttlebug's Heart Blocks embossing folder.

I took these photos to show how I stamped with the Misti. You can always click on images to see a larger view. I drew a 3-1/2: square (the size of my cardstock). Then drew another one at an angle as shown. Decided on placement using a circle and then added the heart stamp.
I was inspired by Jo-Anne Roger's video tutorial.

Since making these cards,  I treated myself to Gina K's Wreath Builder Bundle which comes with 2 templates and her Wreath Builder stamps. Stay tuned for more wreaths!

Hoping the new year is good to you all!
Peace and all good!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Nice set. Love the congrats card as it is such a different use of the wreath set.