Friday, October 16, 2020

Snow Blanket Card


This Penny Black Snow Blanket stamp arrived in today's mail. I have been wanting to try a scene stamp using my Misti. One of the disk magnets broke. But I was able to use the Misti without a problem.  I do have a bar magnet ordered. 

I copied the sample on the package of this stamp. It was easy using the Misti, adding each color separately with either the markers or the distress inkpad.

The stamp was huge! About 5-7/8 inches wide by 4-3/4 inches high. 
I was using a 5-1/4 x 4 inch piece of cardstock so I added a piece of computer paper underneath my cardstock so it wouldn't mess up the bottom of the Misti.


I pulled out all my markers to find the colors I wanted. Here is what I used...

Fence: Zig clean color real brush 062-Dark Brown

Bottom part of tree: Ranger distress marker-vintage photo

I decided to stamp the far edges of the branches next-Distress ink pad-rusty hinge

Then I went in the center part of the tree branches-Tombow 925-Orange

Pine trees-Tombow 098 kind of an olive green. On panel 2, 3, and 4, added strokes of Tombow 177-a darker green. This green was similar to SU's old olive

Then for the shadows on the fence, below the fence and on the snow on the horizon I used Tombow 526 blue dabbed onto the craft sheet and picked up with my water brush/aqua painter.

It was very fun and relaxing to play with this scene card. I can add a sentiment on  separate layer for a special occasion card. Or, just leave it as is for a hello card.

Hope you are staying safe from Covid! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

2 comments:

Diane Bouse said...

Pretty, but not quite ready for snow here in CA.

Sally H said...

Such beautiful scenes! I love them!