Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Fun Background Stamping

 

I created a small stampscapes scene on my block stamped area. Applied distress dried marigold and ripe persimmon on my acrylic block. Then I spritzed with water and placed the block onto a piece of watercolor paper. Once dry, I stamped the scene.

Stampscapes: 
Buck-191A and Gulls-302A in distress ground espresso
Tree Duo-085A in distress peeled paint

On the bottom of the blocked area I added green lines with my zig clean color real brush green marker. But I didn't like the look, so I stamped over that with stampscapes bush-191A.

Happy Birthday clear stamp from Dimensions-Crafts, stamped in dried espresso.

Mounted my watercolor layer on an orange piece of cardstock from my stash.

The color panel on this card was made with Dylusions Ink sprays: fresh lime, pure sunshine and postbox red. I love the vibrant color, but I am not a fan of the MESS sprays make. Maybe it's me and I'm just messy. I was trying to be careful...to spray my paper only... but the spray got all over my stamping area. Next time I will make more backgrounds outside! I probably have not used these sprays since Lynette and I had a book paper and altered book stampfest in June 2014! We used the sprays outside on her patio!

Stamps:
Stampin' Up! Antique Collectibles, Days Gone By
Rubber Stampede She Knows 3652C
Hero Arts sentiment

Here is a photo of my sprayed panels made with the Dylusions sprays. For my card above, I cut one of the panels in half. 

Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you are having a great week!

2 comments:

Sally H said...

Gorgeous creations Laura! So pleased you found my blog and left me such a lovely comment. Much appreciated x

Diane Bouse said...

Love how the backgrounds look so similar but are done differently. Nice job.