Sunday, December 6, 2020

Restful Tree Cards

I had a lot of fun making cards with the Penny Black Restful stamp. It's quite large, extending over my 4 x 5-1/4 inch layer of paper. The Misti platform worked great on this. I used Versafine onyx black ink to stamp the tree.  After the ink was thoroughly dry, I sponged it with distress and Stampin' Up inks:  scattered straw in the sky behind the tree and fossilized amber on the ground. I sponged a little blue jeans ink along the horizon and then used Stampin' Up brilliant blue for the rest of the sky.

Below are some variations.

Sponged with distress scattered straw for the ground.

Sponged distress spun sugar ink behind the tree. And intentionally made "swirl lines" while sponging the SU brilliant blue of the sky. The ground is sponged with fossilized amber ink.

I used some Sure-Line touch up paint pads to sponge this one. They are about 1-3/4 inches wide by 2 inches long. I really like the smooth result. The ground here is sponged with distress crushed olive and fossilized amber is used behind the tree and along the horizon.  

Below are photos of these Sure-Line pads. 



Thanks for visiting! Keep yourself safe from Covid!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

These are so lovely. I am intrigued by bare trees and enjoy them almost more than trees with leaves. It is like you can see their hearts.