Friday, August 20, 2021

Sponge Dab Background

I made my own background using the same ink colors to stamp the main layer which are: 
Stampin' Up! hello honey, wild wasabi and distress crushed olive. I dabbed them on with an oval sponge from my stash.
Here is a photo to give you an idea of how I added color with the sponge.

For the front of the card I used Gina K's Sketched Flowers. In addition to the inks for the background, I also used distress brushed corduroy for the center of the flower and Versafine onyx black for the sentiment. I stamped off on the wild wasabi to get the softer green leaf vines.

Used my "Sponge Dab" technique for this new home, torn pocket card for our new neighbors. I include 2 inserts, tucked into the pockets: one with my information and one for our neighbor to complete and share if desired. More details on my other torn pocket cards here and here. They are very fun to make! 

Inks: distress mustard seed, spiced marmalade, twisted citron, mowed lawn; Marvy #1 black

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Good Neighbors, Hero Arts H2945 Happy, Happy, Happy and ledger stamp. The addresses and info have been blurred.

Thanks for visiting. Peace and all good!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Soft, Simply, beautiful cards. Thanks so much for always sharing.