Sunday, June 17, 2018

Clearance Stamps/Stencil Set

Why do clearance items "call my name".

 I don't think I would have been interested in this set, except that it was in the clearance bin at JoAnn's. I cannot find the name of it on the label: just THMM102. I supposed that somehow goes with the text on top, Mixed-Media Stamps/Stencil.

The Ranger tags were on clearance too, so I had a chance to see how they held up to water and ink and gesso. You can see from the image, there was some warping of the paper. The size is about 6-1/4 inches tall by 3-1/8 inches wide.

I used wrinkle free distress technique with oxides:
abandoned coral
picked raspberry
twisted citron.
Then I added gesso over the bricks. When dry I sponged some brown ink on the edges and also with the crackly stencil. I think the brown color might be frayed burlap-I have been using that a lot lately. Added a black paper wildflower die cut from Tim's Wildflowers #2 thinlits. The friend definition stamp is from Stampin Up!.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome!!! Oh boy, I am not going there, not going there..... although I do love your tag- gotta use what I have first!

Diane Bouse said...

Great deal on sale items. Beautiful artwork.