Friday, June 1, 2018

Roses in Winter

This is a birthday card I made for my Aunt Laura's 84th Birthday.
My inspiration comes from Sabrina's Roses in Winter card
posted on Splitcoast here and also on her blog: My Miscellany
The roses (Stampin' Up!) are stamped with lavender lace, 
stamping off once for the larger rose, 
then stamping in the usual way with lavender lace for the smaller rose. 
Purple is my aunt's favorite color!
Stamped the leaves in old olive.
Used Hero Arts H2141 Manuscript Background stamp in frayed burlap in the background
and Hero Arts Stamp & Cut - Ribbon Messages
for the Happy Birthday banner.
Sponged the edges in antique linen.
Added a few gemstones for some glitz.

Here is a photo of our little celebration with Aunt Laura on May 28
including my husband, daughter and 2 grandchildren.

Used the same design for this anniversary card
with worn lipstick and fired brick for the roses.
Used a Hero Arts Stamp & Cut - Ribbon Messages
for the Best Wishes banner.
I cut out some paper to mask my roses, and got better coverage in stamping the
Hero Arts H2141 Manuscript Background stamp with frayed burlap.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

hApPy biRtHdAy to Aunt Laura. Special to be a namesake.