Saturday, April 17, 2021

More Inside Shadow Box Beach Cards

 

Here you see the fronts of two Inside Shadow Box cards that I made. I found a "new for me" Hero Arts Stamp & Cut set called Beach Please (DC238) at JoAnn's on clearance for $6. Used that on the card front.

I stamped the images with distress black soot and colored with coloring pencils. Here is a closer look at one of the fronts of the cards. You can always click on an image to see an enlarged view.

Here you see the inside of one of the cards. Both cards are the same inside-an Inside Shadow Box card. I followed Jennifer McGuire's instructions.  

For the water scene inside, I cut a separate panel, which goes behind the oval cut out. Used my Misti and stamped the waves (Hero Arts Color Layering Waves CM316) with Gina K's inkpads, stamping with the lighter blues and going to the darker:
ocean mist
turquoise sea
blue lagoon.

The cloud is stamped in distress broken china.

The islands are stamped in Stampin' Up! wild wasabi. I used the 2 smaller cloud stamps for this, stamping the bigger portion once and the smaller portion (for dimension) a couple times to make that a darker green.

For the sand, I applied oxide antique linen ink with a blending brush. Left a little white before I reached the waves. Stamped some dots in distress tea dye ink with a Judith peg stamp. Afterward, I noticed that the Beach Please set HAD a stamp of 4 tiny dots that I could have used!

For the boat, birds and sentiment, I used distress black soot.

I stamped the chair in Stampin' UP! peekaboo peach ink multiple times using my Misti. Then I fussy cut and glued part of it to the oval opening.

Footsteps are stamped in distress tea dye ink.

The "Thinking of you sentiment" is from an old (2012) Hero Arts set called Everyday Sayings, CL342.

Thanks for visiting. Peace and All Good!

3 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

Great cards Laura! I really like how you did the oval one. Nice blending.

Diane Bouse said...

Great cards. Love how you do the step by step.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are the cutest!!! I love those doggies! Thanks so much for stopping by today!