Sunday, September 12, 2021

Fluttering Fall Stamp and Stencil Bundle

I treated myself to Gina K's Fluttering Fall Stamp and Stencil Bundle. Found Gina's YouTube tutorial Washi Tape Background Technique and a Fluttering Fall Card Idea very helpful. Gina gives excellent advice on cutting the stencils out first and using removable tape to keep the cutout in place on your work surface. Then it is easy to center the stencil. I kept my flowers simple-using only 2 ink colors, a light color first, with the larger stencil. Then a darker color for the smaller stencil. I omitted the circle oval and the dotted center stencil parts as shown in Gina's video only. This was a totally new technique of adding color with the stencil. I look forward to using more of the stencil parts next time.

Instead of using Gina's washi tape background, I made a faux woodgrain background that I learned from Gina's Creating an Ink Blended Window Scene - Stamp and Chat Live Replay. Scroll to about 18:31 minutes to see how she swipes an inkpad over scored cardstock to look like planks of wood. I used white paper and distress antique linen ink on this card.

For the butterfly I used distress shaded lilac, distress wilted violet, distress and a Gelly Roll 08 white pen for the dots.

For the leaves and twig: GK jelly bean green, GK honey mustard

The sentiment is from Gina K's Original Wreath Builder stamp set. 

Butterfly:  GK sea glass and tranquil teal
Flower same as above, but added dots with Gelly Roll 08 white pen.
Leaves: ink blended the GK jelly bean green first then added a touch of GK tranquil teal to give the leaves a two-tone look, see minute 44:00 in her YouTube video.
Sentiment; Love and prayers, are 2 stamps from Gina's Fluttering Fall Stamp set. 

Butterfly: distress mustard seed and dried marigold

Woodgrain:  distress weathered wood
Butterfly: distress spun sugar, GK bubblegum pink
Thank you stamp is from Hero Arts Message Circles LP114

Woodgrain: distress tumbled glass
Flower: GK wild dandelion, honey mustard
Single pair of leaves from GK Sketched Flowers
Enjoy and shadow die from GK Time to Coast Kit
"because it's the day you were born" sentiment from GK Enjoyable Greetings

Woodgrain: distress pumice stone
Thank you so much for visiting! Stay safe and healthy!
Peace and all good!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

I am the lucky recipient of a wonderful card not pictured but same technique. Laura is wonderful about sending out cards. Love it when I receive one! Mine has a single purple (my favorite) butterfly. It is for my birthday!