Thursday, September 23, 2021

Sunshine Silhouette Card

 

Made this sunshine card after seeing Gina K's Sunshine Silhouette - 5 Minute Cards YouTube. This was fun and quick and easy! I didn't use the dies to cut the layers. Just cut "freehand" with my Fiskars cutter. 

I masked the bottom portion as shown by Gina. Using her Sunshine Stencil and a blending brush, added distress scattered straw ink first, working around the edge of the sun and the rays and getting lighter further out. Then I added spiced marmalade ink to get some contract at the edge of the sun and up into the rays slightly. Gina described and demonstrated this method of adding color in the great video. I did not have the ink colors she used.

I do not have the Gina K's Wild Blossoms stamp. I tried to arrange a few sprigs stamps in the Misti. Stamped a sample, but it did not look great. Luckily I found an Inkakindado Meadow stamp that I stamped with Versafine onxy black ink. 

I like how Gina used a 1/8 inch strip of black cardstock at the masking line. I glued it with some nice thick white glue from my stash. I had put the glue in a small bottle with a needle nose tip. However the tip always gets clogged and I have to play with getting the glue to flow. 

Happy birthday stamped in the Versafine black onyx ink using a Stampabilities stamp.

Thanks so much for visiting! Peace and all good!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

I love silhouettes. Nice job on this card.