Thursday, September 23, 2021

Time to Coast Cards

 

I had so much fun making these seaside cards with Gina K's Time To Coast stamp set and her cool window dies from the Master Layouts 5 die set.  

This was my first card. On a quarter sheet of white cardstock, I stamped the lighthouse with my Misti using Marvy #1 black ink for all 3 cards. The lighthouse, clouds and rocks are one stamp. 

I should have cut out a mask for the clouds and lighthouse before blending the colors of the sky!

I used sticky notes at the horizon line, to separate the sky from the ocean.  Using blending brushes, I added ink to the sky starting at the horizon and going upward with the following: 
distress spiced marmalade
distress scattered straw
Gina K ocean mist
Gina K blue lagoon
distress faded jeans at the top. 

For the ocean I covered the sky at the horizon using sticky notes, applying distress oxide salty ocean with a blending brush.

Then I colored the lighthouse red and the tops of the rocks grey using "Simply" Daler Rowney colored pencils. 

Used black cardstock to frame the lighthouse piece and then attached to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" white card.

For this card and the next one, I made a mask to cover the clouds and lighthouse, so my clouds stayed white. I also used sticky notes at the horizon line to mask the ocean. 

Using blending brushes, I added ink to the sky starting at the horizon and going upward with the following:
Gina K wild dandelion
Gina K ocean mist
distress faded jeans.

For the ocean I used distress salty ocean (not the oxide this time). 

In addition to the "Simply" Daler Rowney red and grey colored pencils used in the previous card,  I also used a Jane Davenport colored pencil called "ink" to add shading to the clouds where there were "lines". 

I made the window using white cardstock and Gina K's faux woodgrain technique explained on  her  Sunset Window Scene with Master Layouts 5 - Stamp and Chat Live Replay. The woodgrain appears almost like magic! Love this technique.  For the window, I used distress pumice stone on a quarter sheet of cardstock to create faux woodgrain. Then I cut Gina's frame and rectangle from the Master Layouts 5 dies set

For the scene behind the window,  I used the same method for the sky previously described, except I used these colors:
distress dried marigold
distress scattered straw
Gina K ocean mist
distress faded jeans

I used a Faber Castell #152 colored pencil to add blue to the ocean. 

I followed Gina's Creating an Ink Blended Window Scene - Stamp and Chat Live Replay very helpful for details in positioning the window over the scene as well as Gina's blending ideas. 

Used Gina K's scalloped rectangle (3.85" x 5") from Gina's Master Layouts 4 die set to cut the blue layer behind the window.

Thanks for visiting! Peace and all good!

No comments: