Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Drawing and Painting

I took some time out yesterday to draw and paint these two pieces. This lady was inspired by Jane Davenport's Fabulous Figures book, page 65. When I draw, the expressions on the faces just seem to pop up. Maybe one day I will be able to create a specific expression and be able to duplicate it.  I am an "artist wanna-be" not a real artist. I find it so relaxing attempting to draw and paint.

I could not resist attempting this scene from page 29 of Jane's Fabulous Figures book. When I saw that Eiffel Tower in the background I just had to play with this scene.

For both pieces, I used watercolor paper cut to about 4.75 x 6 inches. I started by drawing with a black Faber-Castell PITT pen. Then I used Jane's Mermaid Markers which are brush pens with a reservoir filled with vivid dye-based ink. Since the ink is quite intense, a lot of the time I brush some ink on my craft sheet then use a paintbrush and water to apply to paper. After the work was dry, I went back with Jane's white paint over pen for highlighting.

I attached my work to cardstock and created two greeting cards. The first one is going to become a birthday card for an artist friend.

I hope you find something in your day that is soothing for your soul!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

These are not attempts. Great job. I am not so good at this sort of thing.