Thursday, September 13, 2018

Flower Cards

If you know me, you know that there isn't a flower stamp that I don't like! I love them all! This mini flower is an old Michael Strong stamp of mine. It's just the right size and very fun to play with!

The card base for both of my cards is a "flecked off white" cardstock. The green layer was dry embossed with Sizzix Retro Circles embossing folder. I dislike the way this folder embosses-it always tears the paper in some places. I tried Frenchie's tip about putting a piece of vellum in the folder with the cardstock, but I still had some cracking of the cardstock.

Used distress dried marigold ink for the flowers and Stampin' Up certainly celery ink for the tiny leaves--leaf stamp from an old favorite SU set called Hand-Painted Petites.

Inside of card. You can always click my images for a larger view.

Same design, just changed the colors...distress worn lipstick ink for the flowers and Stampin' Up wild wasabi ink for the leaves--leaf stamp from a new favorite SU set called Lots of Lavender.

Both cards have Hero Arts plastic sequins attached with acrylic medium.
Inside of card
Stamps-outside Happy Birthday from Stampabilities
inside sentiment from PSX

Stamping is so relaxing for me. I hope you do something that relaxes you and bring peace into your life.

No comments: