Saturday, September 22, 2018

Scraps into a Birthday Card

My stamping desk is a big mess with scraps and stamps. I couldn't part with this distress background piece. When I found this green cardstock to match, it was very fun to make this card. I'm still on a roll with Stampin' Up's What I Love set, which is also sitting with the mess on my desk.

Used Distress Oxides peacock feathers and broken china. The distress oxides are so much darker and thicker than the regular distress inks. I stamped off on some of the fill-in, more solid flower stamps. Sometimes the ink coverage was uneven, so then I didn't stamp off.  I wanted to let some of the paper show through. 
The Happy Birthday was from an old Stampin' Up sentiment set called God's Blessings.

Thanks for visiting. Hope you are having a GREAT week end!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Love it when I can use up the bits and pieces to create something. Good job.