Sunday, September 9, 2018

Flower Cards

Made these flower cards with two Stampin' Up! sets:
Lots of Lavender and What I Love.

This card and the next were inspired by Lee Ann Greff's card here (pinterest link)

Here is the inside of the card.
Used white Georgia Pacific cardstock. The green layer may be a Stampin' Up paper, but I don't know for sure.
Inks: Stampin' Up!-going grey, almost amethyst, wild wasabi, certainly celery
Ranger-jet black
Stamps:  Lots of Lavender by Stampin' Up!
and sentiment stamp by Savvy stamps
Hero Arts plastic sequins applied with acrylic medium.

Variation using orchid opulence ink (SU).
Sentiment from an old SU set called Simple Sketches.

Here is the inside of card.

This card was inspired by Marie-Josée Trudel's card (pinterest link).  I used google translate and learned from the comments that Maria-Josée white embossed some flowers before stamping. She used watercolor paper. I used white matte coated cardstock from Ranger. It held up well and didn't warp with the embossing and applications of water/aqua brush to blend the inks. To get my splatters I applied the pine needles ink pad directly to my craft sheet, added water from my aqua brush, then flicked that ink across the layer.

Inks: Distress-pine needles, broken china, tumbled glass, shabby shutters
Ranger-jet black  for sentiment stamp from Stampendous
Sponged the paper banner with broken china ink

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

2 comments:

trudelmj said...

You are so kind, Laura, I am so happy to inspire you and to see the result, you made a beautiful card you too. X x

Diane Bouse said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Of course the lavender one is my favorite.