Thursday, August 27, 2020

Another Stencil Butterfly Card

 Another Stencil Butterfly Card


When I was making my other stencil butterfly cards, I stamped the big butterfly in Versafine onyx black ink. At that time, I thought the black was much too dark, so I set that aside. 

Now, after seeing Arjita's butterflies here I decided to use my black butterfly. I colored it with yellow number 050 Zig clean color real brush marker and fussy cut it. 

I used Gina K's water droplet stencil again, sponging it with distress inks: scattered straw, shaded lilac and can you believe it, worn lipstick. I know that's not the color of worn lipstick! The velcro sponge I used was contaminated with an orange inkpad. So the worn lipstick has an orange look! I recently saw that Tim Holtz has a new red ink...and he's calling it crackling campfire! I wonder how close my mixed up worn lipstick is to his crackling campfire color!

Sentiment is from Stampin' Up, stamped in Versafine onxy black. I added some of the Zig yellow 050 marker to the edges.

Thank you so much for visiting! Hoping you are having some fun this week and that you are staying safe from Covid-19.

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Love this especially the background colors.