Thursday, August 6, 2020

More Fresh Cuts Cards

I am still making cards with the old Stampin' Up! set called Fresh Cuts. 
I ran across a great idea where someone stamped a second time, above the image to create a rectangular space. Just had to try that. I can no longer find the blog where I saw this. Will edit this post with the info if I find the source. Used distress vintage photo ink. The sentiment is from SU's Sincere Salutations set. Used 1/2" twill for the tie.
Another idea I found was to combine other images with Fresh Cuts. The Post Card stamp is from SU's Travel Post set. The butterflies are a cling stamp from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Papillon CMS106 set. Used distress weathered wood and faded jeans ink.

I rearranged the order of stamping here, using distress weathered wood ink.


Used distress crushed olive ink here, with Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous cling Steampunk CMS107.  Used blending brushes to add color: distress worn lipstick, scattered straw and broken china. The sentiment is stamped in Versafine onyx black.

I added the Eiffel Tower from SU's World Wonders after seeing Joanne Travis' card here. Stayed with the Post Card stamp and added some little decorative stamps from Heidi Grace's clear Cherrywood Ln. stamp set. The idea for stamping the vine on the background was not my idea either. Inspiration from this Splitcoast stamper card. Inks used stamping: distress weathered wood, hickory smoke, worn lipstick, scattered straw. Brushed colors: worn lipstick, scattered straw, faded jeans.

Thanks so much for visiting! Stay safe and healthy!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

I love collage style cards especially with color sponged on. The monochromatic are nice as well, not what I usually make.