Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Gina K Time To Coast Kit

Made these cards with Gina K's Time to Coast Card kit. This is the first card kit I've ever purchased. I think it was a good deal. I always love making flower cards...and I think the water scene stamps will be very fun to use for a long time. I enjoy watching Gina K's videos and find myself wanting to try the techniques she shares. Also, it is inspiring to see cards made by members of Gina's Facebook page, Gina K & Stamp TV Friends. Gina has live videos as well as a library of them on her YouTube Channel that's called Gina K Designs.

This was a quick and easy card using Gina K's  Sketched Flowers and Enjoyable Greetings stamp sets. I love how the inside part of the flower is a separate stamp. 

Inks: Gina K blue lagoon, distress mustard seed, Stampin' Up! wild wasabi, Versamark (with white PSX embossing powder)

Scalloped layer is cut with a scalloped rectangle die in Gina K's master layouts 4.

This is my second frame card using Gina K's Master Layouts 5 dies set. Just to clarify, Gina K's Master Layouts 5 dies set is NOT included with the Time to Coast Card Kit. I am very happy that I splurged and bought it! 

I made the faux wood finish described in Gina K's YouTube: Sunset Window Scene with Master Layouts 5 - Stamp and Chat Live Replay.

The layer behind the window is about 3-1/8 x 4-1/4". I made a few pencil marks on it so I could see where the window layer sits. 

Working from the bottom up, I masked an area that would be water. Applied Gina K's blue lagoon with blending brushes. Then moved the mask to cover the blue, I applied distress dried marigold ink above the "water". That seemed too light, so switched to distress abandoned coral. Then applied distress shaded lilac; then Stampin' Up brilliant blue. 

Using my Misti, I tested out the placement of the lighthouse stamp before inking it with Memento tuxedo black ink and stamping. Added the two larger birds by stamping with an acrylic block. 

Using colored pencils, I added red to the lighthouse and side building and grey to the tops of the rocks.

Used foam tape to attach the window to the scene layer.  Used the scallop rectangle from Gina K's Master layouts 4 for the grey-blue layer. Used Gina K's connect glue to adhere to the white card base.


I stamped the lighthouse image with the misti before adding color on this card. This card layout is the same as the frame card above it. 

Used Gina K's tranquil teal for the water and distress dried marigold for the sky.

I made a "sun" stencil using the plain circle from Gina K's Master Layouts 5 die set. Placed that on the layer and sponged distress dried marigold through the piece cardstock with the circle removed. Then I tried to make rays by sponging next to strips of cardstock. I did not get it quite right. Need to take a closer look at one of Gina's video tutorials. I do not have her sunshine stencil...yet! 

As in the previous card, I colored the lighthouse and building red and the clouds and tops of the rocks with grey.

Thanks so much for visiting! Peace and All Good!+

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Rhe blue daisys are so happy. I love the window scenes. Did the window cutout come in the kit?