Friday, June 25, 2021

Painted Blossoms Cards

My Gina K order arrived this week. This card is made with the free stamp set, Painted Blossoms. The scalloped layer is cut from Gina's die from Master Layouts 4. Used Stampin' Up's so saffron, certainly celery and wild wasabi inks. Used Tombow brown marker  #977 to color in the center of the coneflowers.

I saw Gina K make a card like this on her Stamp and Chat Live Replay for Sunset Window Scene with Master Layouts 5.  It was very fun watching the video a second time and working on this card with Gina! The faux wood finish is very easy to create. You can use whatever ink color you wish! Before cutting out the window frame, I started with a piece of cardstock, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches. Scored it lengthwise about every inch. With direct to paper technique swiped with my distress weathered wood inkpad to give it a little bit of color and texture. Visit Gina K's video link above for more details.

I didn't have all the ink colors that Gina used. From the bottom up, I used blending brushes to apply these ink colors:
Stampin' Up-groovy guava then distress worn lipstick. I chose distress shaded lilac for the next color, but I was supposed to use Gina's turquoise sea-which I actually have! So, I bushed the turquoise sea over a lot of the lilac I had already applied.  Next I used Stampin' Up's blue bayou, but that was too grey. Switched to distress stormy sky. No,  that wasn't right either. Finally used distress faded jeans for the top layer. 

Stamped the flowers and leaves from Gina K's Painted Blossoms set. 

On the top area of blue I added some wink of stella for some shine, but it doesn't show on this photo.

The sweet friend sentiment is from Gina K's Enjoyable Greetings stamp set. I stamped with versamark then embossed with PSX white embossing powder. 

It was very fun playing with these dies and creating the multi colored background. Looking forward to playing with the rest of Gina K's Time to Coast card kit.

Thanks for visiting! Peace and All Good!

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a serene, splendidly lovely pair of greetings. The ink blended sunset on the second one is downright breathtaking.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Diane Bouse said...

LOVE the door card. Your colors are great. What a super idea.