Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Water Droplets Stencil Cards

Inspired by cards made by Sandi Lax viewed on the Gina K Designs & StampTV Friends Facebook, I made these three cards. This one is for my 87 year old Aunt Laura, my mom's only sister. She likes to ask me if I'm happy that I am named after her. Of course, Aunt Laura, I love being named after you! Her favorite color is purple, so I try and make purple, lilac, lavender cards for her.

I used Gina K's Water Droplets stencil applying distress shaded lilac ink with blending brushes. The hollyhocks are from Stampin' Up's Two Step Stampin' Spring Garden set. Used Stampin' Up's lavender lace on the flowers and wild wasabi for the stem and leaves. Since I hand delivered this to Aunt Laura, I added the stick on pearls. I wrote the sentiment with a Faber-Castell PITT pen.


This card was very similar, minus the stick on pearls because it was going to the recipient via the postal system. Also I used the same distress shaded lilac to stamp the flowers and SU's lighter green, certainly celery for the stem and leaves.

My last card is a friendship card. Sentiment is from Hero Arts, stamped in distress shaded lilac. Decided to use just the white layer oval, sponging the edges on this instead of backing the oval with a second oval of purple cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting! Peace and All Good!

2 comments:

Diane Bouse said...

I received one of these cards. What a treat! Beautifuol as always.

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO beautifully done- love your pretty color combo and the delightful Stenciling- so pretty!