Monday, June 21, 2021

More Background Cards

Three more cards today using more of backgrounds I shared yesterday

For this card, I added stenciling with distress abandoned coral and salty ocean. Used distress hickory smoke to stamp the lady, feather and flower from Bella Blvd, distributed by Hampton Art. Happy Birthday from Stampendous is stamped in Versafine onxy black. Used colored pencils to color the images. 

Used a scalloped rectangle die from the Gina K Master Layouts 4. I'm really loving this die! And it cuts easily every time (unlike some other brands of dies-which is so discouraging!)

After adding some stenciled circles using distress picked raspberry, I tried to stamp and clear emboss two flowers using distress ink. In the past this has worked fine for me. But today, the embossing powder was not sticking well. My ink pad must need to be re-inked! So, I switched gears and tried a Gina K technique that I saw on her recent YouTube, Emboss in Any Color and a Touch of Patterned Paper - Stamp and Chat  Using my misti, first I stamped the flower with distress broken china. Cleaned the stamp and inked it with Versamark and then stamped over the blue flower then added clear embossing powder and embossed it. This worked great! I repeated this method for the picked raspberry leaves stamps. 

On this card, I am using the other lady stamp from Bella Blvd, distributed by Hampton Art. The flowers and leaves are from an Altenew set called Wildflower Garden. The Happy birthday and curvy layer was made with Hero Arts, DC184 Ribbon Messages Stamp & Cut set.

I stamped the lady in distress antique linen as a kind of a test. I read somewhere that someone liked to use antique linen ink to stamp an image before coloring it. I cannot remember who, sorry! Added color with colored pencils. I am not sure which ink color I like better, the hickory smoke in the first card or the antique linen here. What do you think? 
This anniversary card is similar in style to yesterday's yellow card. Again I'm using Gina K's Master Layouts 4 scalloped die and the same circle stencil to sponge with Stampin' UP's Lavender Lace ink. Used distress broken china  for the best wishes from Hero Arts, DC184 Ribbon Messages Stamp & Cut.

Thank you for taking time to visit! Peace and all good!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

They are all such hApPy cards!