Thursday, July 16, 2020

Fresh Cuts for Guy Birthday cards

Today I'm featuring an old Stampin' Up! set called Fresh Cuts. My inspiration is from Sherry Roth's Stamped Treasures blog.

I stamped the rectangular image using distress oxide gathered twigs ink. When thoroughly dry, sponged with distress tumbled glass ink. Because my paper is cream colored, the blue sponging with distress tumbled glass ink looks greenish. Used aqua paper to frame it. With dimensional foam, attached it to a cream base card that has a laid finish. Happy Birthday stamp from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous-THJ009 Cling Stamp-Saying Stuff.

Here is a look at the inside. Used other pieces of the Fresh Cuts set plus a favorite PrintWorks birthday sentiment, all stamped in distress oxide gathered twigs.

Tried the same layout on a kraft card base. I actually used a 2nd impression of Fresh Cuts by spritzing the stamp after I had stamped the 1st card above. I like the watercolor look it created.

Here is another "waste"  stamped impression of Fresh Cuts. This was on scrap paper, not quite as heavy as my usual cardstock. Set it aside to dry, then sponged with distress worn lipstick, crushed olive, scattered straw then broken china. Used Stampin' Up more mustard ink on the happy birthday stamp from Fiskars Birthday Bash clear stamp set.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

Like it better on craft and love the touch of blue.