Tuesday, July 14, 2020

More Beautiful Friendship

I continue to enjoy making cards with Stampin' Up!'s Beautiful Friendship set. I send out lots of birthday and anniversary cards, especially in July and August. I hope to get ahead of the game and get cards out on time...we'll see.

I stamped the 2 rose stamps with so saffron ink on a separate piece of card stock from my stash. Then fussy cut it and sponged the edges. The paper has a laid finish and it is a creamy white color. It is the same paper as the card base.
The hydrangeas are stamped in almost amethyst. The rose buds in pink pirouette and the leaves in certainly celery. 
The sentiment, from Hero Arts Everyday sayings, CL342 is stamped in Distress black soot.

My inspiration for the orange and green card is from Cindy at Cindy's Corner
Maybe I got carried away with the extra stamping that I added?  Stamped the roses in Stampin' Up!'s peekaboo peach, the leaves in certainly celery and wild wasabi. Sentiment stamped in wild wasabi. I have 2 inkpads of wild wasabi and noticed one is lighter than the other...maybe needs re-inking?

Used  green cardstock from my stash. Was glad that 2 oval punches worked for the layering of the sentiment part. Added dimensional foam under the green to attach to card. I kept this card simple...was in a hurry to get it mailed. Maybe next time I'll try adding pearls or sequins and a bow! I really like how Cindy's card looked. 

Thanks for visiting! Please be safe during this Covid pandemic!

1 comment:

Diane Bouse said...

This is such a pretty set. I understand the reason for discontinuing things but the stamp companies lose some beautiful things as well. Love what you have done, as always.